Dental Implants in Fremont California
Dental Implants at ProDental of Fremont. Although we celebrate tooth loss during childhood by putting it underneath our pillow for the tooth fairy to find, the same event during adulthood is a less than exciting experience. In addition to the embarrassment of having missing teeth, your oral health will suffer as well. Patients can sustain several dental problems and eating will become increasingly difficult as the remaining teeth shift out of place. As soon as the body stops sending nutrients to the jawbone where the tooth or teeth are missing, it can cause deterioration and impact one’s physical appearance.
To avoid the problems associated with missing teeth, many patients turn to dental implants. These treatments are a permanent and attractive remedy to replace extracted or missing teeth. Many of the patients we treat at ProDental of Fremont prefer dental implants over other methods (such as bridges) because it doesn’t require moving remaining teeth to place the new one.
Dental Implant treatment process
Dental implants are a permanent and appealing solution to replace missing or extracted teeth. They are better than other alternatives like bridges because no additional teeth are need to be altered to place the new tooth.
The entire implant process is performed over the course of a few months. The first part of the process is to place the implant itself, where a screw is placed into the jaw bone. An incision is made in the gum so that the implant can be inserted. Multiple implants can be placed at once if necessary. After the implants are placed the gums are sutured.
The dental implant process is performed over the course of a few months.
- Placing the Dental Implant: A screw is placed into the jaw bone. An incision is made in the gum so that the implant can be inserted. Multiple dental implants can be placed at once if necessary. After the dental implants are placed the gums are sutured.
- Time To Heal: The dental implant must be allowed about 3-6 months to heal, and during this time the jaw bone will form around the implant in a process called osseointegration. During this healing time, you can have temporary crowns installed so that you can eat and speak normally and maintain a proper aesthetic appearance for your smile.
- Placing the Abutment: After the dental implant has healed it is time to place an abutment on the implant. The abutment serves as the base for your new tooth. One this is placed an impression of the abutment is taken and is used to create your permanent restoration. Some offices have an onsite lab to create the crown, but others will have to send it to an outside lab.
- Smile: Once the restoration is completed you can return to the office to attach the restoration permanently. Your smile will look just like a new smile and after a short period of getting used to the implant, it will feel just like one of your natural teeth.
Dental Implants In Fremont
Over many years in the oral health industry, ProDental of Fremont knows that the patient experience is the cornerstone of our success. Those exploring dental implant treatments can be rest assured that our great professional experience and commitment to superior care is something they can rely on.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Getting dental implants is one viable option if you need to replace a lost tooth. Dental implants are a good long-term solution for replacing a lost tooth. However, they can be costly. If you are still having trouble deciding if you want implants or not here are a few things to think about.
- Implants are better than dentures and bridges: Bridges can make teeth weaker and more prone to decay because they require filling two adjoining teeth, while dentures can have fitting trouble and be uncomfortable. Dentures can also interfere with taste. Implants are long-lasting and have no physical effects.
- Implants are also rarely ever covered by insurance : because your dentist will usually send you to an oral surgeon, periodontists, or prosthodontists. However, you can consider it a long-term investment and prorate the cost over the rest of your life.
- Not all implants are equal: The best success rate for implants is from the original Swedish company. There are a few other types of implants as well but they have not been studied as extensively. It is best to ask your doctor what implants they use and what the implants success rate is.
- Convenience: Dentures are a common solution to missing teeth, but the care and inconvenience of dentures are not always mentioned, not to mention the messy adhesives necessary to apply them. Bridges aren’t so bad, but if the fillings damage the teeth, over time you may spend more time in the dentist’s chair than you bargained for.
- Timing helps: If you schedule your procedure for the end of the year then schedule your appointment for the crowns for the next year this can help save money by using two years worth of your pre-tax flexible spending account.
- Appearance: Dental implants are the closest thing you can get to your own teeth. Once affixed, there are there permanently, improving your appearance and speech with no special care on your part.
As you can see dental implants have many benefits. But if you are still unsure about dental implants. Make an appointment with your nearest dentist in Fremont to see how they can help you decide what’s best for you.
Know more about extracting or replacing single or multiple missing teeth by scheduling an appointment at our dental clinic in fremont, california or call us at (510) 573-2399.
Most Frequently Asked Questions On Dental Implants
Are you the right candidate for dental implants?
The ideal candidate for Dental Implants
should have healthy gums that are free of periodontal disease and enough bones to anchor the implants in the jaw. Dental Implants need to be connected with the gum tissue and underlying bone in the mouth. Some people who have lost their bones can still get dental implants by rebuilding the bone with special procedures. Good care should be taken of the implanted teeth like daily brushing, flossing and regular visit to a dentist for follow-up.
What types of anesthesia are used in dental implants?
Since Dental Implants is an Oral Surgery
procedure you may require some kind of anesthesia to keep you comfortable during the process. Regarding the type of anesthesia to be used depends upon how many implants you are having placed. If your going for one or two implants then local anesthesia should be sufficient to keep you comfortable while the implants are being placed. If you're going for bone grafts then our Implant Dentist Dr. Tran will recommend for general anesthesia. Be sure to discuss your anesthesia option with our dentist to make the best choice.
Are dental implants safe?
Dental implants are inherently safe
, strongest and most reliable to replace missing teeth. Our Experienced Implant Dentist Dr. Tran
with his latest technology provide implant treatment that lasts for a long time. The success rate of Dental Implant is about 95% this varies upon the patient, the number of implants needed, and other factors.
How Long is Recovery Period For Dental Implants?
Many of our patients who are considering Dental Implants in Fremont
have frequently asked this question to Dr. Tran
. Considering each patient's several factors can determine how quickly you can recover from dental implant surgery such as:
- The Necessity of Bone Graft: If your jawbone lack sufficient bone density to support a titanium post then your dental Implant process and recovery time are increased. If you don't require a bone graft then your recovery time will not be as extensive.
The Number of Implants: When the number of implants is more at once, you will undergo more time for recovery.
However, For most patients, It usually takes a day or two to recover
Why Should I Get Dental Implants?
There are many reasons why you should choose Dental Implants in Fremont
. Consider the following attributes of Dental Implants:
- Comfort: Each implant is individually placed and is more comfortable than dentures and bridges.
- Appearance: They look and feel like natural teeth.
- Oral Health: Placing Implants doesn't cause other teeth to be altered to fit like with a bridge.
- Strength: If taken proper care it can last for an entire life.
- Speech: It improves your speech and doesn't cause slurring your words or causing you to mumble.